Academy MemberMap & Directions
- NEW YORK-NEWARK
Mr. Singer is a litigation partner and has served as lead litigation and trial counsel on matters involving business contracts, executive employment agreements, restrictive covenants, fiduciary duty, interference with business relationships, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, employment termination, commercial misrepresentation, employment discrimination, real estate valuations and other commercial matters. He has successfully tried and defended cases in federal and state courts and arbitration panels, and represented clients in appellate arguments, mediations and negotiations. Mr. Singer advises clients on litigation avoidance and preparedness and performs litigation risk assessments.
Mr. Singer also focuses on alternative dispute resolution, and has served for more than 20 years both as an arbitrator and mediator handling business and executive employment matters. Over 20 years of experience as neutral mediator and arbitrator, including as chair of three arbitrator panels and single arbitrator. Known for case management skill and moving cases to conclusion in an efficient and cost effective manner.
He has arbitrated more than 100 cases, including breach of dealer contract between large telecommunications company and dealer; breach of executive employment agreements between former executive employees and financial institutions; breach of series of contracts between insurance company and pharmaceutical company; breach of agreement concerning sale of accounting firm; breach of agreement between importer and distributor of alcoholic beverages; breach of contract involving sale of restaurant business; contract dispute between major electronics manufacturer and computer software vendor; determination of liability for losses between purchaser and seller of seed company.
As neutral, mediated more than 100 cases, including disputes between supplier and purchaser of computer technology products; financial institutions and former executive employees; religious institution and catering and restaurant vendor; retail employer, EEOC, ethnic based rights organization and former employees; real estate owner/developer and consultant/broker; and employment discrimination cases
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- New York University School of Law J.D., 1980 (Recipient of Moot Court Advocacy Award; Selected as member of Moot Court Board; Selected as member of Urban Law Clinic)
- University of Pennsylvania - B.A., 1976, magna cum laude (Urban Studies; Dean's List with Distinction)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-Chair, Mediation Committee of the New York State Bar Association
- Member, Executive Committee of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association (Arbitration Committee) and New York State Bar Association (Arbitration and Employment Sections)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale Hubbell AV Premier rated
- Chairman of the Board, Project Enterprise, a microfinance, job creation, anti-poverty non-profit organization, providing micro-lending, business training, networking opportunities, access to markets and pro bono legal services.
$550 hourly rate Does not charge for local travel time. Confirm regarding regarding non-local travel time.