Academy Member Inducted 2023
James E Morris
120 Corporate Woods
Rochester, NY 14623
Fax: (585) 292-5793
Regularly travels out of state to: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
- Practice Commenced2000
- # of MEDS (as of 29/5/23)3500
- # of ARBS (as of 29/5/23)
- NEW YORK-NEWARK
Attorney James E. Morris is an experienced litigator and former judge who is known throughout New York State for his ability to resolve complex disputes through mediation. He is a "Distinguished" Fellow of the American College of Civil Trial Mediators, an elite nationwide group of mediators and dispute resolution professionals known for their skill, ethical standards, and professional commitment.
Morris is a practicing attorney with the longtime Rochester, New York law firm Morris and Morris, and has been a mediator for more than 20 years. In addition, he has 30 years experience as a judge, both as Brighton Town Justice and as Acting City Court Judge for the City of Rochester, New York.
He has served as a lead mediator and arbitrator for U.S. Arbitration and Mediation Inc. and Empire Arbitration and Mediation Inc. He is a panel member for Resolute Systems Inc. and the American Arbitration Association. He has also been a special mediator for the U.S. District Court, New York State Supreme Court, and the Monroe County Bar Association.
Plaintiffs-attorneys, defense attorneys, in-house counsel, insurers, and business professionals throughout New York State regularly turn to Morris to mediate high-end liability, contract, and commercial disputes. He has an excellent record getting participants to reach settlement in cases involving significant financial issues, which often involve multiple parties.
Drawing on his extensive experience as a trial attorney, Morris has mediated a wide range of disputes, with many resolved claims in excess of one million dollars. Even in those cases where resolution appears impossible, he keeps the parties talking in an attempt to reach agreement. His dedication to the mediation process has resulted in a high mediation success rate.
- Contract Disputes
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Premises Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- B.A., Political Science, Syracuse University
- LL.B., Syracuse University
Memberships & Affiliations
- New York State Office of Court Administration - Senior Faculty
- New York State Bar Association
Tort Insurance and Compensation Law Section - past District Rep, past Chair ADR Committee
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Martindale-Hubbell Highest Peer Rating - AV in both Skill and Ethics
- Listed “The Best Lawyers in America ” 2012-2023
- The American Society of Writers on Legal Subjects
- Super Lawyers of New York 2012-2023
- Distinguished Fellow American College of Civil Trial Mediators- Past President
- U.S. News Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" 2023 - First Tier
- Who's Who Legal: Mediation 2023
* $600 PER HOUR
* 8 HOUR MINIMUM BILLED PER MEDIATION
* SERVICES PERFORMED AFTER THE HEARING DATE WILL BE IN ADDITION TO THE MINIMUM CHARGED
* HOURLY RATE TO BE CHARGED FOR PREPARATION AND TRAVEL TIME.
* ASSUMES THE BILL IS DIVIDED BY NUMBER OF PARTIES PARTICIPATING UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED.
* IN THE EVENT THERE IS A CANCELLATION OR ADJOURNMENT WITH LESS THAN TEN DAY'S NOTICE, A $1,000 CANCELLATION FEE WILL APPLY.